WOW!!!! Its Friday Faves ALREADY !!!!!!!
Ok...So if you have been visiting my Blog you know that I am a 2 year Breast Cancer Survivor....I am finally going to write down what my journey has been like (soon) but first..I would like to share a few things......
About 10 years ago...(I am not making this up) a huge group of my friends were having lunch, probably celebrating one of our birthday's......there was about 9 of us.... I remember distinctly saying this out loud....Wow... one of us will have Breast Cancer....The statistics show that one in eight women will have this disease...( I saw a news story that morning)....So I look around the table..there is Kathy, Debbie, Deborah, Betsy, Kathy, Barb, Linda, Buffy,and ME...WHAT????
I didn't mean ME!!!!!!! There is NO cancer in my family......So.............????.........what happened?
Tell your friends not to put this off...check yourself for any changes in your breasts...you know what I am talking about....teach your daughters how to check themselves.....The survival rate is 95% if caught EARLY.. Just something to think about.....Oh, by the way...I think that was #1.......
#2. I found this on the Internet somewhere....I have no idea who wrote it.....but the more I read it, the more I like what it says.......
#3. Oooooooo......On October 16....Black House White Market is offering this key chain at 10% off PLUS donating money to Breast Cancer Research...I like it because its affordable and it would make a nice gift... and I would really like to OWN one.....
#3. Oooooooo......On October 16....Black House White Market is offering this key chain at 10% off PLUS donating money to Breast Cancer Research...I like it because its affordable and it would make a nice gift... and I would really like to OWN one.....
#3. The cutest shirt...... This is my shirt that I am wearing on Halloween......I am walking in the 3Day Breast Cancer Walk at the end of the month..Halloween weekend actually.....Walking 60 miles..raising money in hopes of a CURE for Breast Cancer so my daughters won't ever have to.
#4. I made a few things this week..a cute mini album, a secret Christmas gift and this one layout...Its been a crazy, super busy week....but I did take time to enjoy my most favorite hobby Scrapbooking.......
I am slowly getting back to making layouts....My creativity level has been so low...but its slowly getting there...and my friends are so talented and inspirational...and thats helping alot!
#5. Hands down..the BEST sauce in a jar....This is almost (thisclose) to being as good as............(dare I say it?),,,,,,,,, my Mother-in law's homemade sauce......OK ..I said it............

I could drink this ...its that good!! :) You can get this sauce at Publix or Sweet Bay ...and its about $5.75 a jar..... YUMMY!!!!!!
#5. Hands down..the BEST sauce in a jar....This is almost (thisclose) to being as good as............(dare I say it?),,,,,,,,, my Mother-in law's homemade sauce......OK ..I said it............
I could drink this ...its that good!! :) You can get this sauce at Publix or Sweet Bay ...and its about $5.75 a jar..... YUMMY!!!!!!
Thats my faves this week. I am taking pictures of my new scrap space for next week, and my Etsy Shop will have its Grand Opening...I am excited...even though the economy couldn't be worse..I am opening a shop!!! Maybe bad timing... BUT..I did this all by myself.... and I am proud that I learned something new!!!
Take good care my friends and thanks so much for stopping by!!!! :)









4 comments:
Oh, I just LOVE your scrapbook layout! You have serious talent!
Also, what an ironic and sad conversation with friends to have had it turn out the way it did. Keep fighting!! And have a great time at the 3day.... what a great event!
Angie
www.nanasboxnonprofit.blogspot.com
P.S. come by and enter my giveaway!!
OMG! What a conversation! Gave me chills.
I know this is probably a dumb thing to say, but I am so happy you are a survivor...that could be one of my faves, love reading all about you and your family's goings on!
Love the faves this week...that key chain is LOVELY!
Have a great week!
I am so excited for your Etsy debut! that has got to be so thrilling for you Joanie :)
Your layout is fabulous and trust me when I say we have all been in the scrappy dumps before. I know it isn't a great place to be. But maybe scrapping a layout about your breast cancer will help you break thru the rut. It doesn't have to be the penultimate, tell all layout but maybe just a little ode or something. I know that YOU sure INSPIRE me with your story! Every time I come to your blog, I leave grateful for my health, for you and your strength and your persistence in bringing awareness to women everywhere!
Where do I get me some of that jarred marinara?
You made me drool just reading your descritpion.
Post a Comment